The following is a list of inspection types and services that we offer:
- Pre-purchase/listing home inspections that meet or exceed the Home Inspectors Association (BC) Scope of Inspection, and Code of Ethics. A copy of the Scope of Inspection and Code of Ethics can be obtained at www.hiabc.ca.
- Pre-delivery/new-home construction inspections.
- Infrared thermal imaging.
- Indoor air quality assessments.
- Wood-burning appliance inspections for insurance purposes.
- Commercial building inspections as per ASTM standard EE 2018 guide for commercial property condition assessments.
- General building consulting.
The prices for inspections are as follows:
Attention: Price lists are effective January 01, 2018, and may change based on size, age and complexity of the building.
Pre-purchase/listing home inspections:
- Within half an hour of Vernon, prices start at $450 plus GST/HST.
- Within one hour of Vernon, prices start at $475 plus GST/HST.
- Up to two hours of Vernon, prices start at $500 plus GST/HST.
- More than two hours away from Vernon would be a per job quote.
- Price quote per job, but similar to a pre-purchase inspection price.
- Price quote per job. When done in conjunction with a home inspection, the fee would be $20 plus GST/HST per picture printed.
Indoor air quality assessments:
Wood burning appliances WETT inspection:
- Base price of $160 plus GST/HST per appliance plus some travel expenses if more than half an hour one way from Vernon.
- If the WETT inspection is done in combination with the home inspection a fee of only $80 plus GST/HST per appliance would apply.
Commercial building inspections:
- $100 per hour plus GST/HST, minimum of 1 hour. Traveling expenses will also be added on if more than half an hour one way from Vernon.